Saturday, September 14, 2013

Do I have to be a Wife today?

I don't want to be a wife today; or tomorrow, or the next day either. I want to get up in the morning and not see him sitting in his lounger eating his breakfast watching CSPAN. Rather, it would be nice to get up, poor myself a cup of coffee, open the drapes and turn on some music. To wake up and have no one to listen to or talk to; I have forgotten what that is like since getting married 16 years ago.
I admit it; I am a selfish person in my own right and want things my own way. But it is seldom I get it. He on the other hand has not had to sacrifice any of the enjoyments he had before we got married. Mainly because he has so few things he is interested in. Eating, watching television, a meeting or two a week and his motorcycle, which he only takes to meetings once or twice a week. So, I guess you could say, because he has no life, I have no life. Not one I truly would enjoy. Like having girlfriends stop by unannounced for coffee and a bit of chit chat. Maybe a game.

Now don't go getting all twisted up about me complaining. It isn't that I am unhappy that I married my husband. Quite the opposite most days. I just go thought these periods where I want to through him and his stuff out the door and let him back in when I have had my fun. Menopause? Middle age? Perhaps. All I know is, I am running out of time to enjoy my life to the fullest in the way I would like to and not sure how to go about experiencing it in such a way that is short of a divorce. Which by the way is not an option in either of our minds. But some days I really ponder these thoughts. More so as my birthday approaches.

(This post was drafted way back when I first considered a blog. Thought I would post it to give readers an idea of what Cathie's Corner might be about). Remember, I am not a professional writer. But I am a professional blabber who shares what she thinks, at least on paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment