Thursday, September 19, 2013

Menopause, The Years of Delight.

First off, I thought I hit save so I could work more on my previous post but saw this morning that instead, I had posted it! More learning I suppose.

That being said. I want to know why no one told me that in my menopausal years I would not only suffer from "hot" flashes, but that they would make me sweat like a pig over a pit!!! It is so embarrassing to be sitting there at work and suddenly feel the heat and sweat pouring down my face. I wonder, can they see it? Do I smell? No one says anything, perhaps they are being nice. I go to the bathroom and smell myself to be sure. I work out front and it would not do to greet strangers with a bad odor.

Another thing I notice are the mood swings. One moment my husband is the best in the world. The next he is a selfish, self-centered man who I need reprieve from before I am seen on the front news on channel 9. I hate being this woman I turn into at times. I can only hang on until I transform from Senior Citizen to Elderly. Now isn't that something to look forward to.

I came home yesterday evening and am sorry to report I did not look at the book I am supposed to be starting to study on Word Programs. But don't give up on me, I am still determined to. Its this menopause I swear. I can't remember a darn thing 10 minutes after thinking it. It is also noticeable at work the last couple months. My typing skills are slowing down and I have to go back and retype words correctly, somehow over the months I have become dyslexic is that another symptom of menopause?  If there is God, and I am not saying there is, it has to be a man. Why would a female God put her own kind through all this? I suppose men suffer as well, after all they have to put up with the mood swings and forgetfulness, not to mention whining. (Or am I the only one who whines)?

A co-worker was nice enough to give me a fan for my birthday that hangs from my neck and blows up into my face. It is a wonderful tool and I recommend it highly for those of you suffering alongside me. However, you have to have a strong, I don't care what you think attitude to wear it. Other co-workers look at me funny and ask what the heck that thing is. I simply smile and explain I believe someone has turned on the heat and I need to cool off. When in a mood swing however, I simply shout, "I am having a hot flash you dim wit!". No not really, I just think that last comment, I do need this job until the universe or God, whichever you believe, decides I have earned a new more fulfilling position somewhere else. I believe I am practicing overcoming challenges at this workplace, that is for another article.

Another area menopause has effected is my face. I notice more hair and I have this unattractive shadow under my nose and above my mouth. It seems to need attention every few days and am horrified when my husband walks in and catches me shaving my face!!! To overcome the embarrassment I have looked closely at other women and notice they too have "the shadow". Have you notice as well, that on one side of the face, your eye is smaller than the right? What is up with that? But I have a wonderful secret to keeping our skin smooth and  soft and it is right in your kitchen pantry. Pure Olive Oil!!! I used it for a really bad sunburn I got a few weeks back and it did such a wonderful job on that I decided to continue using it. Ladies, my husband has noticed my face looking really nice lately! Use it sparingly though, don't want to attract little flies. Wouldn't that be a fantastic addition to the already many wonderful facets of menopause, flies around the face.

So, as I do not want my posts to end in a negative manner I do want to say that there is one positive thing that has come out of this time in my life. I am writing!! It is an accomplishment I did not think I had the nerve to continue doing once I notice a couple posts. However, I haven't read them as I am afraid it will deter me from my main goal of this blog. To share and grow through these senior years with other women. And men as they too deal with their own issues of middle age. Oh sorry, fooling myself again, Senior years!

Oh, better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment